09/18/2023 - 10/23/2023
6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
WSCF will be offering a series of six (6) virtual classes on how to best lead a chess club. The course is for veteran and new club leaders alike. Bob will share his 30 years of experience in forming clubs, teaching chess, and organizing tournaments.
Specific topics to discuss will include, but are not limited to:
- How to start and form a chess club
- What chess items to teach to beginning and intermediate students
- How to effectively teach this level of chess
- Club leader(s) roles
- Involving parents in your club
- How to host a chess tournament
- How to get the most out of ChessKid as a tool to teach chess
- How to make sure every student has success.
Session Dates: Mondays, September 18, 25, October 2, 9, 16, 23
This course is intended to parallel starting of your club in the fall. To get the most out of this course you will want to start your club about the same time or shortly after the class begins.
A reading list for the course will include “Everyone’s 2nd Chess Book” (can be purchased from local vendor Luke Ludwig at email@example.com, on Amazon or thriftbooks.com). Participants will also want to come to the virtual class with a with a chess board that shows columns and rows.
To sign up for the course – register here. Course fee will be $90 and the cost includes the Chesskid.com Director membership. Minimum 5 Maximum 20.