8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Baird Elementary School
- Format: 5 round Swiss, Wisconsin rated. G30 or 25, d5.
Teams for scoring purposes will be the top 3 players. No ½ point byes for this tournament. No playing up at this tournament. Students can play only in their grade of attendance at school.
Divisions: K, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 -12 This tournament is open to all students in Wisconsin.
No Grades will be combined for this tournament.
- If 1 player in a grade, then that player will receive the championship trophy and play byes from other divisions in each round.
- If 2 players then each the players will play twice, once white, and once black. If Tied after 2 rounds, the 3rd round, etc. until there is a winner.
- If 3 players then the three players will play the other players twice, once white, and once black for a total of six rounds.
- If 4 players, then the players will play round robin style and if any ties after 3 rounds ties will be broken with games in the 4 and 5th rounds and a 6-round if needed.
- If 5 players same format but with 4 rounds, ties broken in rounds 5 and 6.
- If 6 players or more than a normal 5 round robin tournament. Ties broken by WinTD chess tie breaks.
- With number of players 2 through 6 players from the same team will play each other
Awards: Kindergarten through Grade 8 3 individual trophies per grade; 1 team trophy per grade provided there at least two divisions with at least 2 players. Grades 9 – 12 Trophies to top 3 winners. No teams in this division
- Round Times: 1: 9:15 2: 10:45 3: 12:00 4: 1:15 5: 2:30 Awards: 3:45 or 4:00
- Entry Fee: $12 if registered by 11:00 pm Thursday March 26th. $17 for onsite registration the day of the tournament.
- Concessions: Will be available for purchase. Make checks payable to Baird Elementary School PTO.
Supervision: At least one designated adult supervisor must be present always during the tournament to oversee your school’s team, or individual participants who are in K through 8th grade.
Questions: Contact WSCF at email@example.com or 262-573- 5624 or Simmi Mosier at firstname.lastname@example.org .
In case of inclement weather please to the event page for this event. It will be posted on the event page if the tournament is postponed or canceled.